Saturday, February 03, 2007
Finally, finally, my short stay in Class 3D has ended... I would have to say it ended with a spectacular display... Fireworks, paper aeroplanes, chairs, tables formed a colourful rainbow in my class as these items flew around in a flurry during my last day. Well done kids.
I thot they were under my control after the 3rd day. I was wrong. Dead wrong. Despite being stern (i tried really hard to look stern although deep inside, i wanted to laugh at times), they were still unrepentable and really forgetful. Kids. Can't blame them really...
I was foolish to think that my Chicken Little stickers could perform miracles for me... Instead, they were only useful for kids who WANT TO STUDY, while the mis-behaving kids totally ignored my pleas and continue in their endless war with each other... I had to keep the kids back during recess (oops, it's actually not allowed, but too bad...) to punish them, since the carrot didn't work, i guess the stick would do... It worked, but not for long. After recess, there was no more incentives, and chaos ensued. Luckily, i was able to cover some of the syllabus, and sneak a spelling/dictation test on the last day after a parent called up to complain why there were no spelling tests... Haiz...
In a span of a week, there were at least 20 crying incidents... And a parent even wrote a note to me in the pupils' handbook that his son was being hit on a head by a book by his classmate... I thot i could let the matter rest and not take further action, but suay ar!!! I met the boy's dad in the General Office and had to explain the entire incident (which i didn't witness, so i anyhow bomb.... Hehe...) His dad looked quite stern and furiuos, and i was like "shit..." In the end, i had to speak to the two boys who were involved... Haiz...
The last day would have to be the most "interesting" day... It may seem really funny, but trust me, during the chaotic moments, i wish i wasn't their teacher... I seriously pity their form teacher lo... How in the world is she gonna teach this class for an entire year?! Her blood vessels will burst sia!!!
Spelling test was a little disastrous, with 1 boy getting an egg... While another got full marks... But the book that caught my attention was this.... The dictation passage reads "John had set a few New Year resolutions for himself. He wants to learn how to roller blade.... blah blah blah..." The amazing student (his name is Sunpatch Chowpattapong Surachai - Thai boy) wrote " John had sex a few resolution for himself. He wants to learn.... girl.... #$%^& " WTH! I drew a few big question marks on his book sia!!! Hahaha....
I wondered what's wrong with the kids these days... Perhaps the lack of coporal punishment has resulted in their rude and absurd behaviour. Back in our days, a teacher's stern stare would have been enough to get the kids to shut up, but now, despite being armed with a whistle, a ruler, and a voice that's about to die, the kids are still embroiled in their own version of WW3.
3 funniest incidents...... (psss... The last one's spooky...)
Incident 1: A boy came to me to complain that his friend pulled down his shorts while he was in a toilet. Another came over with a same complain, and more came......
Student 1: Teacher, Bryan pulled my shorts down when i was in the toilet!!!!
Student 2: Teacher, our class got molester!!!
Student 3: Yalor, yalor, teacher, just now he poked my cock!!!
Student 4: He pulled my shorts down too!!!!
Me: Bryan! Why did you molest them!!!???
The accused: Teacher, i never!!!
All: Got! He got! he always take down my shorts!!!!
Incident 2: A pretty chubby boy started wailing in the middle of my lesson. And he's the same boy who has been my shadow, pestering me when i can return him his magnets. I didn't return them to him. Haha...
Chubby boy: ~wails at the top of his lungs... AHHHH!!!!!!!
Me: Daryl, why are you crying? Who hit you? Come, stop crying, tell teacher...
Chubby boy: ~between sobs... Teacher, just now Bryan(the accused molester) grabbed my breasts!!! He pinched them! AHHHHH!!! ~wails again...
Me: Okay, okay, stop crying, i will make sure that he doesn't grab your breasts again okay...
Incident 3: Spooky. It almost freaked me out. Davian, one of my street fighters in class was having his usual round with his arch enemies, and suddenly, he became so agitated and angry that he turned beserk and hurled chairs... I had to go grab him from behind.... And OMG, his hands were shivering, and he was pretty strong for a P3 boy, which i felt was pretty odd... He started mumbling, and initially i thot he was trying to explain himself... But after a while, i realise he was speaking some kind of strange language, a different tongue, and became stronger while trying to wrestle his way out from me... It reminded me of The Omen, and at that moment, i thot he was Damien (and he's called Davian...) He looked like he was in a trance, possessed, and had this murderous scowl on his face. OMG. And while this was happening, some smart alecs came over...
Chubby Boy: Teacher teacher, i know! He's speaking Thai!
Me: Shut up Daryl! Go back to your seat!
Thai boy: Teacher! I know Thai! Let me hear!
Me: ~WTH. NO! I dun need your help! Go away!!!
Boy: Teacher! I know! It's black magic! I know our school sometimes got black magic de!!!
Luckily, i asked a boy to get another teacher to help him. Mdm Agatha Ang came over and led him away... I wondered what she did, but it sure worked...
And 10 secs later.......
Another fight broke out, another pair of shaking hands... Another comment "Teacher, it's black magic!" Haiz....
My life this week has really been interesting... Perhaps the school will call me again for another term... I hope it's a different class then... They offered me a job of being the science lab assistant, which i turned down for now since i will be leaving for Genting soon... Hopefully i will get a longer term job the next time round. And a better class.
Jia Jia Liang Teh and Halls extra strong candy are my best friends now! Haha...
I thot they were under my control after the 3rd day. I was wrong. Dead wrong. Despite being stern (i tried really hard to look stern although deep inside, i wanted to laugh at times), they were still unrepentable and really forgetful. Kids. Can't blame them really...
I was foolish to think that my Chicken Little stickers could perform miracles for me... Instead, they were only useful for kids who WANT TO STUDY, while the mis-behaving kids totally ignored my pleas and continue in their endless war with each other... I had to keep the kids back during recess (oops, it's actually not allowed, but too bad...) to punish them, since the carrot didn't work, i guess the stick would do... It worked, but not for long. After recess, there was no more incentives, and chaos ensued. Luckily, i was able to cover some of the syllabus, and sneak a spelling/dictation test on the last day after a parent called up to complain why there were no spelling tests... Haiz...
In a span of a week, there were at least 20 crying incidents... And a parent even wrote a note to me in the pupils' handbook that his son was being hit on a head by a book by his classmate... I thot i could let the matter rest and not take further action, but suay ar!!! I met the boy's dad in the General Office and had to explain the entire incident (which i didn't witness, so i anyhow bomb.... Hehe...) His dad looked quite stern and furiuos, and i was like "shit..." In the end, i had to speak to the two boys who were involved... Haiz...
The last day would have to be the most "interesting" day... It may seem really funny, but trust me, during the chaotic moments, i wish i wasn't their teacher... I seriously pity their form teacher lo... How in the world is she gonna teach this class for an entire year?! Her blood vessels will burst sia!!!
Spelling test was a little disastrous, with 1 boy getting an egg... While another got full marks... But the book that caught my attention was this.... The dictation passage reads "John had set a few New Year resolutions for himself. He wants to learn how to roller blade.... blah blah blah..." The amazing student (his name is Sunpatch Chowpattapong Surachai - Thai boy) wrote " John had sex a few resolution for himself. He wants to learn.... girl.... #$%^& " WTH! I drew a few big question marks on his book sia!!! Hahaha....
I wondered what's wrong with the kids these days... Perhaps the lack of coporal punishment has resulted in their rude and absurd behaviour. Back in our days, a teacher's stern stare would have been enough to get the kids to shut up, but now, despite being armed with a whistle, a ruler, and a voice that's about to die, the kids are still embroiled in their own version of WW3.
3 funniest incidents...... (psss... The last one's spooky...)
Incident 1: A boy came to me to complain that his friend pulled down his shorts while he was in a toilet. Another came over with a same complain, and more came......
Student 1: Teacher, Bryan pulled my shorts down when i was in the toilet!!!!
Student 2: Teacher, our class got molester!!!
Student 3: Yalor, yalor, teacher, just now he poked my cock!!!
Student 4: He pulled my shorts down too!!!!
Me: Bryan! Why did you molest them!!!???
The accused: Teacher, i never!!!
All: Got! He got! he always take down my shorts!!!!
Incident 2: A pretty chubby boy started wailing in the middle of my lesson. And he's the same boy who has been my shadow, pestering me when i can return him his magnets. I didn't return them to him. Haha...
Chubby boy: ~wails at the top of his lungs... AHHHH!!!!!!!
Me: Daryl, why are you crying? Who hit you? Come, stop crying, tell teacher...
Chubby boy: ~between sobs... Teacher, just now Bryan(the accused molester) grabbed my breasts!!! He pinched them! AHHHHH!!! ~wails again...
Me: Okay, okay, stop crying, i will make sure that he doesn't grab your breasts again okay...
Incident 3: Spooky. It almost freaked me out. Davian, one of my street fighters in class was having his usual round with his arch enemies, and suddenly, he became so agitated and angry that he turned beserk and hurled chairs... I had to go grab him from behind.... And OMG, his hands were shivering, and he was pretty strong for a P3 boy, which i felt was pretty odd... He started mumbling, and initially i thot he was trying to explain himself... But after a while, i realise he was speaking some kind of strange language, a different tongue, and became stronger while trying to wrestle his way out from me... It reminded me of The Omen, and at that moment, i thot he was Damien (and he's called Davian...) He looked like he was in a trance, possessed, and had this murderous scowl on his face. OMG. And while this was happening, some smart alecs came over...
Chubby Boy: Teacher teacher, i know! He's speaking Thai!
Me: Shut up Daryl! Go back to your seat!
Thai boy: Teacher! I know Thai! Let me hear!
Me: ~WTH. NO! I dun need your help! Go away!!!
Boy: Teacher! I know! It's black magic! I know our school sometimes got black magic de!!!
Luckily, i asked a boy to get another teacher to help him. Mdm Agatha Ang came over and led him away... I wondered what she did, but it sure worked...
And 10 secs later.......
Another fight broke out, another pair of shaking hands... Another comment "Teacher, it's black magic!" Haiz....
My life this week has really been interesting... Perhaps the school will call me again for another term... I hope it's a different class then... They offered me a job of being the science lab assistant, which i turned down for now since i will be leaving for Genting soon... Hopefully i will get a longer term job the next time round. And a better class.
Jia Jia Liang Teh and Halls extra strong candy are my best friends now! Haha...
Comments:
Post a Comment