<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 29, 2007

Yeah! It's Friday! Weekends!

Juz updated my bank book and it seems that the GST credits have already been credited! That would keep at least 1.5 million Singaporeans' mouths shut for good! I suppose a minority (the slightly demented ones) would actually call to ask why they receive their money earlier than the date given. Maybe i would scream "Congratulations!" into the phone. Throw in a party pooper or two and these demented souls would momentarily feel rich. For now. Wait till the GST increase really kicks in. I wonder how many would feel broke. And they will still blindly vote for a particular party. Coz the latter gave them a moment of satisfaction of feeling rich. Wait, this is starting to sound like an orgasm.

Had this strange caller yesterday who was enquiring about the GST. Never mind that he was starting to sound weird, but he ended the call with "Have a nice day! Happy New Year!" and giggles. That sounds kinda perverse, especially with that giggles part. There was another who sounded like he needed counselling, and i transformed (at least for that call) from a call operator to a counsellor / psychiatrist. I could have charged him for that, but he seemed kinda desperate, so i decided to lend him a listening ear.

Mbr : Sorry, can u give me some advice on something personal?
Me : Yep, sure.
Mbr : U know, i had this problem. I lack enthusiasm. Everyday i dun feel like doing anything. I lack strength u know?
Me : Okie, maybe you should take a break.
Mbr : When i was young, my neighbours performed some black magic on me and took something away from my brain. And then they kept laughing at me. I went to India to look for the priests' help but it couldn't be cured.
Me : Sir, i think u need professional help. Like counsellors?
Mbr : Yar, i have, but it's very expensive! $220 u know?
Me : Well, if it makes u feel better, then the money will be well spent isn't it?
~continues toking about his head being robbed of "something"
Me : Sir, perhaps u should open up more, talk more and you would be able to overcome this problem.
~ continues his black magic thingy again
Me : Anything else regarding the GST?
Mbr : Thank you so much for listening. Bye.

Shit. I could have charged him $220.

Singaporeans are hardly contented people. At least some people. When they received something, they tend to demand more. And they seemed to think that they have the right to it. And sadly, these people are the educated ones. At least the older aunties uncles have basic courtesy. Especially Malay aunties, they are really polite. The worst are..... No prizes for guessing who... U would have to be an idiot not to figure it out.

Composed a Jap song yesterday to pass time in the office...

Yuki ga mada futte iru (The snow is still falling)
Koko ni anata wa hitori tatte mitai yo (I would still want to see you standing here)
Omae wa sou tokutei (You're so special)
Hi ga yuki no ushiro ni tsuzuite ataru (The sun still shines beyond the snow)

Bridge:
Atsumatte fukumiwarai (As i approached, you smiled)
Sekai no ue tatta futari ni iru (There's only 2 of us on top of the world)

Chorus:
Haru to natsu owatte kara (After spring and summer is over)
Aki to fuyu mada matte iru (I will still be waiting for you in autumn and winter)
Itsumo ureshikute chigiru (Promise me that you would always be happy)
Shinjitte (Believe in it)

Kita to minami sagashite kara
Higashi to nishi itsumodemo koko ni iru (I will always be here for you)
Sekai de hitori (There's only one You in the world)
Ai shitteru kokoro kara (I will love you with all my heart)

Yuki ga yameta (The snow has stopped)
Demo issho ni tsuzuite arukitai yo (But we continue walking together)
Kirei na sakura no ki
Kimi wa mawari ni iru (All around you are beautiful cherry trees)
Totemo subarashii (It was wonderful)

Bridge
Chrous

Sore wa boku no yume (That's my dream)

All right. Back to work. I have been skiving.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?