Friday, October 12, 2007
Deja vu...
I dislocated my shoulder AGAIN.
The circumstances were eerily similiar.
I was playing in the Mixed Doubles Badminton Competition on Wednesday when the unfortunate accident occurred... Haiz...
The thing that struck me was how similiar my latest dislocation was with my very first back at NYJC...
1. Both were during competitions. NYJC Inter-Lit class and now SMU's Mixed Doubles Competition.
2. Dislocation occurred when i was winning. It was my winning shot (15-0) that dislocated my shoulder back in NYJC and this time it was my shot that gave us a 9-7 score leading against the defending champion.
3. Poor Adam was with me for both incidents, and had to see me in agony twice.
4. My badminton racket used was Lucy.
5. Both incidents happened during the school holidays. It was the last day of the term at NYJC and now it's my SMU Mid-term break.
Is this a curse?
But this time there wasn't :
1. Any first aid personnel who came to rub my shoulder (OUCH!) and said it's only a muscle cramp.
2. Any confusion over my gender after my X-ray was taken. The first time i took my X-ray, my sex was labelled as Female. WTH.
3. Any pain felt when the doctor put my shoulder back in place as i had requested to be asleep before he does it. The first time was crazy. I was awake and the doctor jerked my shoulder back, resulting in an echoing scream around the entire hospital.
4. Any crazy doctor. At least this time the doctor was sane. I could remember during the first incident, the doctor was like joking around while i was suffering, and he even asked me, "Hey, do you like sex?" That's crazy. -_- I forgot what was my answer though. I was already in a delirious state.
5. Any person who remarked that i looked like i'm dying coz i was in a wheelchair.
There wouldn't be a next time.
I have decided to hang up Lucy. I am giving up badminton. For now.
My thanks to :
ADAM! For always being there for me. Hahar... I'm always troubling you!
Serla and QuanYung! For bringing me to the hospital...
Dad and Mom! For troubling you all again...
Kel and Glenda! For visiting me at my place despite your busy schedules! Don't worry Kel, i will be back in soccer soon!
HanMing! For calling me up to ask bout my condition...
Vien-san! Thanks darling! For buying me fish soup and feeding me like i'm a small boy! Promise i won't make you worried again!
And all the rest whom i din mentioned for helping me along the way!
My greatest worry now is..... How am i gonna write for my mid-terms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dislocated my shoulder AGAIN.
The circumstances were eerily similiar.
I was playing in the Mixed Doubles Badminton Competition on Wednesday when the unfortunate accident occurred... Haiz...
The thing that struck me was how similiar my latest dislocation was with my very first back at NYJC...
1. Both were during competitions. NYJC Inter-Lit class and now SMU's Mixed Doubles Competition.
2. Dislocation occurred when i was winning. It was my winning shot (15-0) that dislocated my shoulder back in NYJC and this time it was my shot that gave us a 9-7 score leading against the defending champion.
3. Poor Adam was with me for both incidents, and had to see me in agony twice.
4. My badminton racket used was Lucy.
5. Both incidents happened during the school holidays. It was the last day of the term at NYJC and now it's my SMU Mid-term break.
Is this a curse?
But this time there wasn't :
1. Any first aid personnel who came to rub my shoulder (OUCH!) and said it's only a muscle cramp.
2. Any confusion over my gender after my X-ray was taken. The first time i took my X-ray, my sex was labelled as Female. WTH.
3. Any pain felt when the doctor put my shoulder back in place as i had requested to be asleep before he does it. The first time was crazy. I was awake and the doctor jerked my shoulder back, resulting in an echoing scream around the entire hospital.
4. Any crazy doctor. At least this time the doctor was sane. I could remember during the first incident, the doctor was like joking around while i was suffering, and he even asked me, "Hey, do you like sex?" That's crazy. -_- I forgot what was my answer though. I was already in a delirious state.
5. Any person who remarked that i looked like i'm dying coz i was in a wheelchair.
There wouldn't be a next time.
I have decided to hang up Lucy. I am giving up badminton. For now.
My thanks to :
ADAM! For always being there for me. Hahar... I'm always troubling you!
Serla and QuanYung! For bringing me to the hospital...
Dad and Mom! For troubling you all again...
Kel and Glenda! For visiting me at my place despite your busy schedules! Don't worry Kel, i will be back in soccer soon!
HanMing! For calling me up to ask bout my condition...
Vien-san! Thanks darling! For buying me fish soup and feeding me like i'm a small boy! Promise i won't make you worried again!
And all the rest whom i din mentioned for helping me along the way!
My greatest worry now is..... How am i gonna write for my mid-terms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments:
Post a Comment